- Characteristics of the great nation
- View of Islam
- Types of fights
- Positive effects of avoiding fights
- Negative effects of Fights
- Violence inhibits prosperity
- Disability in structure makes space for extremists
- Great Nations Achieve Goals through Various Aspects
- Believing in solving disputes
- Drawing up policies for minimizing the harm to mankind
- Establishing good relations with other nations
- Discouraging confrontation
A nation is defined as
“People sharing the same ideology, coherent socio-political unit, and the same objective”
Nations are continuously struggling for betterment. Those who sustained struggle and hard work became great nations. The reason for their sustainment is that those nations did not fight unnecessarily thus not disturbing their economy. Great nations believe in mutual cooperation and avoiding violence.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”― Leo Tolstoy, War, and Peace
Characteristics of Great Nations
Great nations are those who are following the laws, indulged in national development rather than fighting or disputing with other countries.
- Great nations are civilized
- Great nations are educated
- Great nations influence working on social welfare
- Great nation remain coherent with rules and laws set by the government
- Great nations avoid violence, fights, and wars.
- Great nations know the aftereffects of wars.
- Great nations learn from history and do not repeat the mistakes of past
Quaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s motto:
Unity, faith, and discipline make a nation honorable
View of Islam
Islam is the name of peace. Islam word itself derived from “SLM” which means peace. Islam prefers peace as obvious from its verbal meaning. Islam seeks harmony and peace among any society, the ummah and also with the world. If any Muslim society is facing conflict with any other society then they should go for peace first in order to solve that conflict.
As stated in a verse of the Quran:
“ If the enemy inclines towards peace, then you should also incline towards peace and trust in Allah, for He is the One that hears and knows all”5:61
Every teaching of Islam is based on the principle of peace and harmony.
Hadiths are the verbal messages given by the prophet of Allah. He also spread love, peace, and harmony among the Muslim ummah.
World Peace According to Quran:
“O ye who believe! be steadfast in the cause of Allah, bearing witness in equity; and let not a people’s enmity incite you to act otherwise than with justice. Be always just, that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah. Surely, Allah is aware of what you do.”(Ch.5 v.9)
Islam allows war or fights in some specific conditions like for self-defense or when they are expelled out of their homes or lands. Or the other condition is when any defenseless people are exploited or attacked and they ask Muslims to help. Even for the wars and fights, Islam has set limitations. If the enemy proposes peace, Muslims should immediately stop fights and wars. Muslims are not allowed to force their religious faiths on non-Muslims.
The permission to fight in the Quran is only for defensive purposes. A true follower of the Quran is not allowed to initiate war or to kill innocent people.
For Socio-Economic Purposes:
“Those who spend in prosperity and adversity, and those who suppress anger and pardon men; and Allah loves those who do good;”(Ch.3 v.135)
“And in their wealth was a share for one who asked for help and for one who could not.”(Ch.51 v.20)
And the case of those who spend their wealth to seek the pleasure of Allah and to strengthen their souls is like the case of a garden on elevated ground. Heavy rain falls on it so that it brings forth its fruit twofold. And if heavy rain does not fall on it, then light rain suffices. And Allah sees what you do.” (Ch.2 v.266)
For Social Purposes:
“Verily, Allah enjoins justice, and the doing of good to others; and giving like kindred; and forbids indecency, and manifest evil, and wrongful transgression. He admonished you that you may take heed.”(Ch.16 v.91)
Islam prohibits oppression, aggression, fights, wars, and revenge. This is the Islamic point of view which is not represented by the western media.
World War 1
World war one began in 1914. It happened due to the assassination of Archduke Franz Franz and lasted till 1918. Germany, Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, and the Ottoman Empire fought against Great Britain, France, Russia, Italy, Romania, Japan, and the United States(the allied countries or powers).
- Over 9 Million military soldiers died and 7Million were permanently disabled.
- It caused the downfall of monarchies for example in Turkey, Germany, Russia, etc.
- World war imbalance the economical situations of most countries like European countries left in deep debts and made the US industrial power.
- The highest inflation rate was observed.
- The economy of Germany was highly affected as it had to pay for reparations.
- Influenza started in that period which later on became epidemic because of troops traveling all over the world.
- It caused a lot of bitterness amongst the nations.
- World war 2 was the biggest after-effect of world war one.
World war 2
The main combatants for world war two were Axis powers, Allied powers, and China to a lesser extent. Axis powers included Germany, Italy, and Japan. Allied powers included Great Britain, France, the United States, and the Soviet Union.
It lasted from 1939 to 1945.
- Before world war 2, the world’s population was almost 2 Billion. Almost 80 million people died in this deadliest war out of 2 Billion.
- It led directly to the cold war over the next five years.
- This war destroyed a huge amount of properties. Over 1000 billion spent in this war. America also spent 350 billion dollars. It totally destroyed buildings, roads, and infrastructure of the countries which eventually destroyed the whole economy and prosperity of countries.
- This war led to the emergence of nuclear fission. The uranium bomb dropped on Hiroshima killed more than 140,000 people in one month.
These factors destroyed the economy of the world.
Types of Fights
Different types of fights or wars have been observed yet.
- Cold war
- It is not the direct war that was actually fought. It is mainly the economical, social, political, or military tension between the two countries. For example the war between the United States and the Soviet Union from 1945 to 1991.
- Colonial war
- It is basically the term related to many conflicts that arise when foreign powers settle and try to make colonies on overseas territories. For example, the war between armies fought in Asia and Africa.
- An insurgency is termed as rebellion movement which arises within a country against the present government. The biggest example of insurgency is the US. The United States was formed by an insurgency movement.
- War of independence
- The War of Independence was fought for the sake of liberty or freedom. It is the do or dies situation.
- Civil war
- It is defined as the war between the citizens of the same country. It can happen due to industry vs farming disputes, expansion, slavery, uneven distribution of resources between the citizens, injustice, etc.
- Religious war
- It is the war due to religious issues. The religious issues may be between modern liberals or religious scholars or between sects of a religion.
- Nuclear war
- It is the war due to political strategy or military conflict in which nuclear weapons are used.
- Proxy war
- Proxy war can be defined as a war fought between groups or smaller countries that represent the interests of other large powers or have support from them.
- Range war
- It is the type of war usually of violent conflicts. The most examples are the wars fought in the American West in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
- Border war
- It is also referred to as bleeding Kansas. It is also termed a series of violent conflicts. It is fought between free-states or pro-slavery elements.
Positive Effects of Avoiding Fights
The following are various positive aspects of avoiding fights.
The economy can be defined as a state of a country or a region by making and trading things of value. It may be physical things or services as done by people. It may also define as careful management of sources which are natural reservoirs or human skill development of a country. Basically it is used to measure how states use their resources in order to fulfill their commodities and how they trade them to other states or societies.
A country or a state faces financial challenges when the resources that are used to improve the economy are being used in war, fights, or conflicts. Thus resources are destroyed. If a country avoids fights and wars this will automatically turn up its economy. The resources, funds, or treasure used for welfare projects. Jobs are provided to people. Unemployment will get off when more jobs or business opportunities will be there for people in a country or state. When people indulge in doing business, the economical growth in a country will be at a higher rate.
Political stability is also an advantage of avoiding fights or wars. When wars are fought that brings political instability. If the economy of a country is disturbed then it will automatically shatter down political stability. Good governance and political stability play huge roles in avoiding wars and resolving disputes.
If wars and fights are avoided then those funds can be used for social projects. Those funds can spend on health, education, etc. Social projects for the progress of a country can change the destiny of a nation. A country’s infrastructure can totally be modernized. It helps to eradicate poverty and unemployment.
Negative effects of fights
Violence inhibits prosperity
Wars and fights bring destruction. Destruction of everything from natural resources to man made buildings.
“The choice is not between violence and nonviolence but between nonviolence and nonexistence.”― Martin Luther King Jr.
“If we don’t end the war, war will end us.”― H.G. Wells
Disability in Structure Makes Space For Extremists
Wars disrupt the economical, social and political structure of a state. All the policies get muddled due to the disputes. Extremist parties may get space when disputes happen. Extremists are of both types, religious and political.
Great nations achieve goals through various aspects
- Great nations achieve goals by resolving disputes instead of getting into fights or wars. War is not the solution to any problem. As stated by
War is never a lasting solution to any problem.A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- The main quality of great nations is that they make up policies in such a way that they do minimum harm to mankind. For example, policies related to the environment.
- Building good international relations with other countries is also the main feature of great nations.
- Due to any clash, confrontation should be discouraged.
War is not a solution. Fighting is not an option. The nations need to understand that time has changed. Fights should be against
- Illiteracy in science and technology
Fights or wars against other nations, states, or countries should be resolved on the table rather than in fields. Different platforms like UNO, SAARC have been formed to encourage table talks.
“When the rich wage war it’s the poor who die.”― Jean-Paul Sartre, Le diable et le bon dieu